For over fifteen years, Collier Management Consulting has provided
clients with counsel, training, management services and support to
establish, improve and register Quality Management programs that win
and retain customers and increase productivity. We have the experience
and ability to help you integrate Quality Management with other
management functions, including Safety and Environmental management.
Paul Collier, P. Eng., CMC
- Developer and implementer of
integrated quality management systems.
- Certified Management Consultant
and Registered ISO 9000 Specialist, Canadian Association of Management
- Registered Professional
Engineer, PEO 8955015.
- B.A.Sc., Engineering Science, U
of T, 1969
- Experienced Quality Systems
Trainer, Implementer, Facilitator for ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and related standards.
- Over twenty five years of quality
and engineering management in medical devices, electronics and engineering
- Over seventeen years of
- Member of Canadian Advisory
Committees to ISO: CAC/TC176 and CAC/TC210.
- Contributor to ISO TR10017:1999
and :2003 as member of ISO Working Group on Statistical Techniques.
- Senior Member, American Society
for Quality (ASQ): Biomedical,
Design & Construction, Health Care and Statistics Divisions.
Areas of Expertise
Contracts and proposals
and implementation of Quality Management Systems that support and
enhance the client’s business, integrated with Environmental and
Safety Management programs.
Quality management services
- Analysis of Requests for Proposal or Quotation and development of responses to meet contractual quality requirements.
ISO 9001/ISO 13485 implementations
- Provision of contract quality management services to SMEs and engineering projects - interim, occasional or long term.
- Selection and application of inspection and test methods, procedures and statistical applications for industry.
- Guidance and assessment of business case for Quality System registration to ISO 9001 and ISO 13485.
- Identification and incorporation of regulatory requirements.
planning, management and counsel to prepare the client for
efficient, cost effective Quality System implementation
- Opportunity identification and program implementation for continuous improvement or fundamental change.
- Design, writing, sourcing and delivery of training programs to support quality, safety and environmental management.
Quality management experience
and Quality Manager to Access Roads Edmonton Limited for design,
construction and operation of the Anthony Henday South East Ring Road.
- Quality Manager of the joint ventures designing, building
and operating the $650M, 195 kilometre Fredericton-Moncton Highway Project in New Brunswick.
- Quality Manager of a major Canadian switch-mode power
supply designer and manufacturer supplying military, communications and
- Quality Assurance Supervisor of a major designer and
producer of custom military and aerospace hybrid microcircuits to MIL
STD 883C, MIL M 38510F, MIL Q 9858A, MIL STD 1772 and AQAP 1.
- Manager of QA and Engineering of the premier Canadian
manufacturer of cardiac pacemakers, operating under US FDA and Canadian
HPB quality requirements.
Management consulting experience
- Collier Management Consulting continues to contribute
quality engineering and quality management expertise to engineering,
contracting and manufacturing enterprises.
- Paul Collier has provided services to clients in Canada,
USA and Europe.
- As Senior Managing Partner of VenturEdge Inc., an
international firm of Certified Management Consultants, developed
methodologies for rapid documentation and deployment of business
- Advised and trained participants for quality management
projects and team quality improvement and successfully prepared clients for ISO 9000 and ISO 13485/CMDCAS registration.
- As president of the Canadian Supplier Institute Inc., a
not-for-profit consulting and training corporation, consulted and
developed quality improvement training programs in the automotive and
other industries and facilitated ISO 9002 registration of a leading
metal roll-forming company.
- As Senior Consultant in GR Technologies, Ltd., an
influential Ontario training and consulting firm, advised SMEs in TQM,
QA, Quality Engineering and Management, SPC, Problem Solving, Quality
Costs, QFD, Z299, ISO 9000.
|Certificates, Licences and
Canadian Association of Management
Consultants (CAMC): Certified Management Consultant (1996) and
Registered ISO 9000 Specialist.
Professional Engineer, Ontario, # 08955015, PEO, 1976.
American Society for Quality
(ASQ), 1978, Senior Member since 1985.
Certificates and licences not maintained because they are not required
for present work:
Professional Engineer, New Brunswick, Registration # M5160, APEGNB, 1999 - 2000
QS 9000 Auditor, AIAG, 1995
Quality System Auditor (QS-A), Certificate #Q04417, RAB, 1995 - 1999
Certified Quality Auditor, Certificate #5632, ASQ, 1993 - 1996
CQE, Certificate #229, ASQ, 1980 -
ISO/TC176/SC3/WG6: Supporting Technologies; Statistical Methods
(Contributing author to ISO/TR 10017:1999 Guidance on statistical
techniques for ISO 9001:1994 and the year 2001 revision of same.)
Chair, 46th Annual ASQ Toronto Quality Forum, March, 2001
Advisor to 47th Annual ASQ Toronto Quality Forum Committee, 2002
Member of CSA Canadian Advisory
Committees to ISO: CAC/TC176/SC3 and CAC/TC210 (Quality Management and
Medical Device Quality).
Member of the Canadian Manufacturers' Association ad hoc Committee on
ISO 9000 Consultants' Qualifications - October 1993 to February 1994.
|Other Memberships and Service Roles
Rotary Club of Toronto
West, President 2003/4
Fair Vote Canada,
Toronto Organizing Committee
Toronto Pedestrian Committee, 2001 – 2007
Isaak Walton Fly Fishers Club